TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) – Parker Coleman joins The Good Morning Show to share his apple pancake recipe.
1 Pillsbury pie shell
3 to 4 large apples (about 3 to 4 1/2 cups) I used honey crisp
1 to 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 cup melted caramel candy
Handful of purchased pecans
Pinch of salt
- Prepare the pie crust as directed on the instructions.
- Roll out the crust and place it on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Peel the apples and slice them thinly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and apples. Cover the apples completely.
- Arrange the apple on the pie crust. There will be more juice, don’t add all of it to the crust.
- Fold the pie shell around the apples.
- Break the egg into a bowl and whisk well. Brush the egg wash on the edges of the pancake.
- Bake at 375 for 30 to 35 minutes.
- When the patty is ready, melt the caramel in the microwave at five second intervals until melted. Drizzle with patty, then sprinkle with pecans and a pinch of salt. Enjoy!!
Copyright 2021 WCTV. All rights reserved.