Ant Middleton will restart his career in Australia after his business in the UK went bankrupt and was fired from Channel Four’s SAS: Who Dares Wins.
Despite much controversy in the British press, Channel Seven has backed the reality TV star, 42, by signing him to host Million Dollar Island and SAS Australia.
The Daily Telegraph reported on Saturday that Middleton had been in financial trouble after being forced to liquidate his business.
Ant Middleton, 42 (pictured), will restart his career in Australia after his UK business went bankrupt and was fired from Channel Four’s SAS: Who Dares Wins
The former SAS: Who Dares Wins star reportedly banked £4.5m (A$7.8m) in 2021, but that was before he was sacked from the Channel reality show 4 because of his “personal conduct”.
Before last Christmas, he was reportedly forced to liquidate his main business after he was unable to repay his debts.
The Sun says the business has been dropped, owing £3,318 ($5.7,000 AUD) to other creditors and £1,199,773 ($2m AUD) to HMRC.
Before closing, Ant is said to have taken out a £2.7m (A$4.7m) “manager’s loan”, with documents saying he is “unsure” how much will be repaid. It has been alleged that Ant sought £20,000 ($34.8,000 AUD) in vacation pay.
The company, which was founded in 2014, was known as Middleton Global before changing its name to Sway and Starting in November last year.
Despite much controversy in the UK press, Channel Seven backed the reality TV star by signing her to host Million Dollar Island and SAS Australia
Ant’s spokesperson told MailOnline: ‘Due to the impact of the closures on Ant’s work and the associated adverse effects on the business, Middleton Global Limited has unfortunately had to go into voluntary liquidation.’
“Ant himself has an extremely busy year ahead of him and is fully focused on his television work, brand deals, books and events.”
Daily Mail Australia has contacted Channel Seven for further comment.
In early March 2021, Ant’s abrupt departure from SAS: Who Dares Wins was confirmed by Channel 4, reportedly due to his “personal conduct”.
In early March 2021, Ant’s abrupt departure from SAS: Who Dares Wins was confirmed by Channel 4, reportedly due to his “personal conduct”
A Channel 4 spokesperson told MailOnline at the time: ‘Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
“Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films had with him regarding his personal conduct, it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and that we will no longer be working with him.”
His departure came months after Ant sparked controversy by calling Black Lives Matter protesters “absolute scum” and urging people to “carry on as usual” and not change their ways during the pandemic. Covid pandemic.
Ant has previously hit back at claims that his exit was due to him making a lewd comment to a woman that was picked up on his microphone.
His spokesperson said: “Ant has worked on televisions around the world for many years and has never been accused at any time of speaking inappropriately by anyone.”
“He was never made aware of these allegations, which he wholeheartedly and categorically rejects, via the media.”
“If anyone felt they had said something verbally offensive, we would have expected a formal review process, but no such discussion has ever taken place, either through one networks he works for or through organizations such as Bectu.”
The former SAS: Who Dares Wins star reportedly banked £4.5m (A$7.8m) in 2021, but that was before he was sacked from the Channel reality show 4
Speaking on Good Morning Britain in March, Ant denied claims he made “inappropriate” comments to female staff which were later investigated by Channel 4 bosses.
He said anonymous complaints had been made about “indirect” behavior typical of the hosts’ military backgrounds, and said the “snowflakes” did not belong to the SAS: Who Dares Wins filming.
Following Channel 4’s statement on his exit, Ant posted on Instagram: “Hi guys I have some news which is that after five amazing years I have decided it is time to leave SAS Who Dares Wins UK.
‘Big respect to my DS colleague – it was a trip I will never forget. Thank you to everyone who participated and made the show what it is.
He added: ‘Really excited about the future and what’s to come this year. Stay positive.’
Following Channel 4’s statement on his exit, Ant posted on Instagram: “Hi guys I have some news which is that after five amazing years I have decided it is time to leave SAS Who Dares Wins UK”