After hitting a record high a few days ago, Bitcoin is on the decline, along with other popular cryptocurrencies. Here are some of the latest numbers:
- The largest cryptocurrency in the world, Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC) in the past 24 hours has fallen about 9% to $ 55,268 at the time of publication, according to CoinMarketCap.
- Likewise Ethereum (CRYPTO: ETH) has fallen nearly 12% to $ 2,110, at time of publication.
- Crypto markets are stumbling amid rumors that the US Treasury Department could take action against financial institutions over money laundering concerns, Bloomberg says.
- Mere profit-taking probably also plays a role, given the highs that followed the list of Coinbase Global Inc (NASDAQ: COIN) last week. Bitcoin topped $ 64,000 on Wednesday, the day Coinbase was listed.
- Dogecoin is also down from its high of around 44 cents on Friday, now at $ 0.303 at the time of publication, although it has since rebounded in the past 24 hours.
- The drop also comes on news of Coinbase insiders selling shares just after Wednesday’s listing.
Learn more: How to buy Bitcoin (BTC)
Updated story to add the latest Dogecoin news and news from Coinbase insiders selling stocks.
© 2020 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.