ZUG, Switzerland, May 4, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Bitcoin Association, the SwitzerlandA global market-based industry organization that works to advance business with the Bitcoin SV blockchain and BSV digital currency, today released its second annual report, highlighting its work and achievements throughout 2020.
The report, which is now available for download on the Bitcoin Association’s website, is the first to be released since the Bitcoin Association became a non-profit association (Verein) in Switzerland. It is divided into 13 sections and covers the multifaceted global work program undertaken by the Bitcoin Association in 2020, including:
– Progress of the Bitcoin SV network
– Developer initiatives
– Technical standards
– Public policy
– Media and content
– Outlook for 2021
Highlights of the report include:
- The significant technical advancements made by the Bitcoin SV network – including new world record block sizes and demonstrated transaction capacity.
- The Bitcoin Association’s innovative digital events program in response to the COVID-19 pandemic – including the first Bitcoin SV DevCon and the 3rd Bitcoin SV Hackathon.
- The launch of the Bitcoin SV Technical Standards Committee to improve interoperability and bring standardization to the Bitcoin SV ecosystem.
- The release of Bitcoin SV Academy – a dedicated e-learning platform offering college-style, college-grade educational resources on Bitcoin – in addition to the launch of the world’s first Bitcoin-focused Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) in partnership with Saxion University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands.
- Significant progress in the public policy arena, including consultancy work during the drafting phase of the 2020 landmark digital asset bill Antigua & Barbuda, which has introduced a comprehensive legislative and regulatory framework to govern companies within its jurisdiction operating in the area of digital assets.
Speaking on today’s post, the founding president of the Bitcoin Association Jimmy nguyen, mentionned:
“The publication of our 2020 Annual Report today illustrates the great strides that the Bitcoin Association and Bitcoin SV have been able to achieve in the context of an extremely difficult year for all. In particular, the work the Association has undertaken and the advancements made in the education, developers, public policy and media spaces are extremely encouraging, as is the overall maturation of companies in the Bitcoin SV ecosystem. As seen throughout the report, 2020 has been an extremely important year for the Bitcoin Association and Bitcoin SV – a year largely focused on laying the important foundation needed for further progress and the next phase of growth for BSV’s utilities. in 2021. “
About the Bitcoin Association
Bitcoin Association is the global industry organization based in Switzerland that works to advance business on the Bitcoin SV blockchain. It brings together essential components of the Bitcoin SV ecosystem – companies, start-ups, developers, merchants, exchanges, service providers, blockchain transaction processors (miners) and others – working alongside them, as well as in a representative capacity, to drive the use of the Bitcoin SV blockchain and the adoption of the BSV digital currency.
The Association strives to create a regulatory-abiding ecosystem that promotes legal conduct while facilitating innovation using all aspects of Bitcoin technology. More than a digital currency and a blockchain, Bitcoin is also a network protocol; Like the Internet Protocol, it is the basic set of rules for an entire data network. The Association supports the use of the original Bitcoin protocol to operate the globally unique blockchain on Bitcoin SV.
Bitcoin SOURCE Association