In addition to the Release Candidate versions of iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2, Apple has also released macOS 12.1 Monterey Release Candidate for Mac.
The macOS 12.1 Monterey Release Candidate has so far been released for developers, it should also be released for public beta testers soon.
Here are the release notes for the macOS 12.1 software update.
macOS Monterey 12.1 adds SharePlay, a whole new way to share experiences with family and friends in FaceTime. This update also includes the Apple Music Voice plan, new safety features for kids and parents in Messages, redesigned memories in Photos, and other features and bug fixes for your Mac.
- SharePlay is a new way to share experiences synced in FaceTime with content from the Apple TV app, Apple Music, and other supported apps
- Shared controls give everyone the option to pause, play, rewind or fast forward
- Smart volume automatically reduces the sound of a movie, TV show or song when you or your friends are talking
- Screen sharing lets everyone on a FaceTime call view photos, browse the web, or help each other
Apple Music voice plan
- Apple Music Voice Plan is a new level of subscription that gives you access to all songs, playlists and stations in Apple Music using Siri
- Just Ask Siri suggests music based on your listening history and what you like or dislike
- Play it Again gives you access to a list of your recently played music
- Memories has been redesigned with a new interactive interface, new animation and transition styles and several image collages
- New types of memories include additional international vacations, kid-focused memories, trends over time, and enhanced memories for pets
- Communication security setting gives parents the option to enable warnings for children when they receive or send photos that contain nudity
- Safety warnings contain useful resources for children when they receive photos that contain nudity
Siri and search
- Extensive tips in Siri, Spotlight, and Safari Search to help kids and parents stay safe online and get help in dangerous situations
- Digital Legacy allows you to designate people as Legacy Contacts so that they can access your iCloud account and your personal information in the event of death.
- Store tab lets you browse, buy and rent movies and TV shows all in one place
This version also includes the following enhancements for your Mac:
- Hide My Email is available in the Mail app for iCloud + subscribers to create unique and random email addresses
- Stocks allows you to view a ticker currency and see year-to-date performance when viewing charts
- Reminders and Notes now allow you to delete or rename tags
This version also includes bug fixes for your Mac:
- Desktop and screensaver may appear blank after selecting photos from photos library
- The trackpad may stop responding to taps or clicks
- External displays may not charge some MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers when connected via Thunderbolt or USB-C
- Playing HDR Videos on YouTube.com Could Panic 2021 MacBook Pro Computers
- Menu bar extras may be hidden by the camera body on 2021 MacBook Pro computers
- MagSafe may stop charging on 2021 16-inch MacBook Pro computers when the lid is closed and the system is shut down
This should be the latest beta for macOS 12.1 and should be the final build everyone gets, we expect the update to land next week with iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2. As soon as we have details on the release date, we’ll keep you posted.
Filed under: Apple, Top News
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets can earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.