Home Work hosts Candis and Andy Meredith respond to allegations they botched up several home renovations, saying they are “devastated by half-truths and outright lies” after Magnolia Network removed its show from its programming.
In a series of Instagram posts on Wednesday, Andy Meredith admitted that some renovation projects did not go as planned.
“While we are completely blinded by the allegations made against us from plans two years ago this week on a public stage, we will do our best to share more context in a one-sided narrative,” a- he said in the caption of an Instagram video. “It is playing out in a public stage and it just is not correct. There are customers who feel hurt and we will never take that away from them. But we cannot just sit back and let these malicious attacks go on. to chase.”
USA TODAY has contacted Magnolia Network for comment.
Here’s everything we know about the current situation.
Original story:Chip and Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Network to remove show from lineup after botched renovation claims
Magnolia Network shoots Andy and Candis Merediths’ show
On Monday, Chip and Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Network removed the Merediths show from its programming after owner Aubry Bennion explained that she was one of four clients who contacted Magnolia as well as the Protection Division. from consumers from the Utah Department of Commerce about their experiences working with hosts.
“Magnolia Network understands that some homeowners have expressed concerns about the renovation projects undertaken by Candis and Andy Meredith,” Magnolia Network President Allison Page said in a statement to USA TODAY on Saturday. “Over the past few days we have gained additional information on the extent of these issues and have decided to remove ‘Work from Home’ from the Magnolia Network range pending a review of the complaints that have been made.”
Two other families, Vienna and Robert Goates and Teisha and Jeff Hawley have also come forward and detailed their concerns while working with the Merediths on Instagram last week.
The owner declares to have lived a “catastrophic” experience
In Bennion’s story, which she says began in August 2019, she said the Merediths have claimed they could complete a “complete gut work” renovation of her kitchen for half the cost. initial $ 40,000 to $ 50,000 she received for the project. Instead, she said the experience was full of “catastrophic” communication, “unlicensed and uninsured workers,” a project promised to last three weeks that ended up taking more than five months with no indication of. from the Merediths or the production team of when it would be. be completed, and a final cost of $ 40,000 on Bennion’s own budget which she says does not match the cost of materials.
“I share with hope that they will be held accountable for the way they hurt those of us left behind as a result of our work,” Bennion wrote, adding “if I knew early on how bad the process would be. miserable and disconcerting to be, I wouldn’t have gone through with it all. “
Since renovating her home, Bennion said Candis Meredith had contacted her to make sure “everything was going well between us”, and Bennion reiterated that she found the process unacceptable.
Andy and Candis Meredith Respond to Instagram Allegations
Following Andy’s first video, Candis also shared a 25-minute video on Wednesday in which she addressed the Goateses, Hawleys and Bennion allegations.
“We have been warned that the ‘Instagram mafia’ will come for us, and we are in an extremely difficult position to defend ourselves without attacking or diminishing the feelings of others. At this point, due to the literal threat to our safety. family, we have no choice but to share these things, “Candis captioned her video.
The following Instagram posts showed screenshots of text messages between Aubry Bennion and Teisha Hawley, along with videos of the renovation process and invoices.
In one of the captions, the couple claim to have the same phone number, so anyone who wants to contact them can do so instead of going public with their issues.
The Merediths indicated that they were only made aware of Bennion’s dissatisfaction with the project “the day before our televised launch.” The couple also shared that they paid $ 32,000 of their own money for Bennion’s project.
“It was a calculated attack and like she said herself, she wants us to lose everything,” one of the Instagram posts read.
The Merediths also shared a video taken with Teisha Hawley during the renovation process.
“We had NO SENSE that they were as dissatisfied as they claim. We had less than a week after completing the project when Jeff requested a phone call. He said that if the counters were not not in place on Friday (the counter installer had canceled several times), we would be sued. I was unable to sign this agreement, as it was totally out of my control, and he took over the project “, maybe we read in the caption.
A later video shared by the Merediths shows an emotional Candis advocating for the “bullying” to stop, as the public backlash has resulted in the couple’s children being targeted at school as well.
“It is so upsetting. We have received death threats, our house is under police surveillance for our safety, and these comments and judgments against us stating that we are liars, thieves and crooks are extremely hurtful and based on a single narrative amplified by others who were not part of any of these situations, ”the video caption read.
She continued, “We fully admit that we took too much at the same time, and that it has been a difficult road for the renovation projects of these 4 clients. We also recognize that after working in an extremely difficult industry for over 10 years, working with hundreds of people, there will inevitably be some unhappy “
Contribution: Hannah Yasharoff