Leeds face League One relegation fighters Accrington Stanley this weekend and will be eager to avoid an FA Cup clash.
Jesse Marsch’s men have won one of their last nine games in all competitions and that was against Cardiff in the FA Cup third round replay.
The Yorkshire side are playing with a lot of pace and energy but seem to be making the wrong decisions in both boxes, and it’s costing them dearly.
Meanwhile, their opponents are currently 20th in Ligue 1 and have not won any of their last three FA Cup fourth round matches.
The ‘Owd Reds are embroiled in a relegation battle to stay out of League Two, but the chance of taking a scalp in this competition is something that cannot be passed up.
Accrington v Leeds: talkSPORT coverage
This FA Cup fourth round tie is set to take place on Saturday, January 28.
Kick-off at Wham Stadium is scheduled for 12:30 p.m.
This match will be live on talkSPORT 2, with commentary from Joe Shennan and former Arsenal midfielder Adrian Clarke.
To tune into talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2 via the website, click HERE for the live stream.
You can also listen through the talkSPORT app, on DAB digital radio, through your smart speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
Accrington v Leeds: team news
For the hosts, fan favorite Michael Nottingham returned from a long-term injury in the 1-0 win over Boreham Wood in the FA Cup third round replay.
But Jon Pritchard came out with a ruptured Achilles tendon.
Meanwhile, the Whites will be without Stuart Dallas as he continues his recovery from a broken leg, while Adam Forshaw has missed the last five games.
But Luis Sinisterra and Crysencio Summerville are fully fit and ready to contribute after overcoming their injury struggles.
Accrington v Leeds: what was said?
Accrington boss John Coleman after his side overtook National League Boreham Wood: ‘We have to improve, we have to find a way at home to try to underline and impress our style on the game, even though it will be difficult against Leeds.
“It’s a huge boost to be in the fourth round and financially it could allow us to get one or two more reinforcements in the squad.
“Saturday is a day for the fans, who will take care of themselves.”
Accrington v Leeds: Facts of the match
- It will be the first competitive meeting between Accrington Stanley and Leeds United since August 2014, when the two sides met in a League Cup first round clash at Elland Road, with the Whites winning 2-1.
- Leeds United knocked out Championship side Cardiff in the FA Cup third round after a replay, having lost their previous three matches against sides from a lower division. The Whites haven’t knocked out two teams from a lower division in an FA Cup campaign since 2002-03 (three teams).
- Accrington Stanley have lost each of their previous three FA Cup fourth round matches, each defeat against teams from a higher division.
- This is Leeds United’s first draw in the FA Cup fourth round since 2016-17, when they lost 1-0 to non-league Sutton United. They haven’t reached the fifth round of the FA Cup since 2015-16 under Steve Evans, knocking out Bolton in the fourth round of that season.
- Leeds have seen three different players (Willy Gnonto, Patrick Bamford and Rodrigo) score twice in the FA Cup this season, the first time three players have scored more than 2 goals for the Whites in an FA Cup campaign since 2009-10 ( Jermaine Beckford, Luciano Becchio and Mike Grella) and for the first time in the top flight since 1978-79 (four players: Carl Harris, Frank Gray, Eddie Gray and Arthur Graham).
Keep up to date with all the latest news, rumors and gossip with our live transfer blog