Lauren Corona, BestReviews Team
10 hours ago
9 Celebrity-Owned Fragrance and Beauty Brands Worth Checking Out
BestReviews is reader supported and can earn an affiliate commission. Details.
Celebrities putting their names on perfumes and beauty brands isn’t a new phenomenon, but it’s really taken off in recent years. With so many celebrity brand products available, you might be wondering which ones are worth checking out.
You can find a variety of great celebrity beauty products, including skincare and makeup, at different price points, so there’s something for most budgets.
In this article: Honest Beauty Honestly Pure Retinyl Serum, Haus Labs The Edge Precision Eyebrow Pencil And Dolly Parton Scent From Above Perfume.
Celebrity-Owned Beauty Brands Are Worth Checking Out
These beauty brands are all celebrity-owned and have a range of products worth checking out.
- Rare beauty: Launched in 2020, Rare Beauty is the brainchild of Selena Gomez. It sells all kinds of makeup, from concealer and foundation to liquid blush.
- Beauty of flowers: Flower Beauty is an affordable beauty brand brought to you by Drew Barrymore. Since its launch in 2013, it has produced a range of makeup and skincare products.
- Haus Labs: Lady Gaga’s Haus Labs is a vegan cosmetics brand. It focuses on high performance makeup with impressive pigments and skincare benefits.
- Fenty Beauty: The hugely popular Fenty Beauty is owned by Rihanna. Products include makeup and skin care.
- Half face: Owned by Halsey, About-Face is a makeup brand focused on fun and edgy products.
- Honest Beauty: Honest Beauty is owned by Jessica Alba and sells skincare and makeup.
Branded perfumes to discover
It’s less common for celebrities to own perfume brands, but there are plenty of celebrity-branded perfumes out there. These are made by existing perfumers but have celebrity names attached to them.
- God is a woman: This fragrance from Ariana Grande is a fruity and floral scent that remains surprisingly complex.
- Perfume from above: Endorsed by Dolly Parton, this scent is just as sweet and floral as you’d expect.
- Eau de Parfum Eilish: Sweet yet warm and spicy, this scent from Billie Eilish is ideal for fans of vanilla scents who don’t want anything sweet.
- Fenty Eau de Parfum: Rihanna’s Fenty Eau de Parfum is based on warm florals with sweet and spicy notes.
What to Look for in Celebrity-Owned and Celebrity-Branded Products
Just because a brand is owned by a celebrity does not guarantee that the product is of high quality or that it is the right option for you.
- Product range: Some brands offer a wider range of products than others. You can find beauty brands that focus solely on makeup, while others offer skincare, haircare, and more.
- Cruelty Free: Many big, famous beauty brands are cruelty-free, which means that the products and their ingredients have not been tested on animals.
- Vegan formulas: Some products go a step further and avoid all animal products, which is ideal for vegan or environmentally conscious consumers.
- Price point: Some famous beauty brands are priced high, while others are more affordable with grocery store prices. While more expensive doesn’t always mean better, more expensive makeup often uses more pigment and higher quality pigment, giving you bolder results.
Best celebrity-owned beauty products and perfumes
Honest Beauty Honestly Pure Retinyl Serum
Jessica Alba’s Retinyl Serum helps refine skin texture and brighten dull skin. Retinyl can reduce the appearance of fine lines while added hyaluronic acid hydrates skin and increases elasticity, and vitamin A exfoliates skin.
Sold by Ulta Beauty and Amazon
About-Face Eyebrow Artist
Whether you don’t leave the house without your brows in place or want to step up your brow game, Halsey’s Brow Pencil is ideal. There’s an angled gel pencil for buildable color and a brush to help with definition.
Sold by Ulta Beauty
Flower Beauty Chill Out Hydrating Skin Serum
Thanks to the inclusion of hyaluronic acid and hemp-derived CBD, Drew Barrymore’s Affordable Skin Serum has excellent moisturizing properties. It is ideal for stressed skin, soothing and balancing it for a healthier appearance.
Sold by Ulta Beauty
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Powder Foundation
One of the notable features of Rihanna’s powder foundation is the huge selection of 50 shades, so there’s something to match most skin tones. This foundation provides medium coverage with a soft matte finish.
Sold by Sephora and Ulta Beauty
Rare Beauty Magnetic Spirit Eyeshadow Palette
Selena Gomez’s eyeshadow palette contains six rich metallic shades that add sparkle to any look. They’re ultra-creamy and easy to blend, making them a pleasure to work with, and have intense pigments, so you don’t need to use a lot for a bold look.
Sold by Sephora
Haus Labs The Edge Precision Brow Pencil
If you’re looking for an eyebrow pencil that gives you precise control for a clean finish, this one from Lady Gaga is perfect. Since it’s super fine, you can achieve hair-like strokes, while the included brush helps achieve the perfect finish.
Sold by Amazon and Sephora
Dolly Parton Scent From Above Perfume
This fragrance has notes that include tangerine, black currant and peony flower with middle notes including jasmine and vanilla orchid and base notes including amber, fir and musk. This makes it a sweet and fruity choice with added layers of complexity, much like Dolly Parton herself.
Sold by Amazon
Billie Eilish Eilish Eau de Parfum
Heavy on vanilla, this scent might have come off as overly sweet or one-note, but the inclusion of musks, woodsy notes, and spicy notes makes it complex. It comes in a striking bottle that will look great on your bedside table or dressing table.
Sold by Ulta Beauty
Ariana Grande Eau de Parfum God is a Woman
The Ariana Grande fragrance hits you with top notes of juicy pear and ambrette with middle notes of rose and iris and base notes of vanilla and cedar. It’s sweet and slightly floral, but with woody and herbal notes that add a nice touch and keep it from veering into sickly territory.
Sold by Ulta Beauty
Do you want to buy the best products at the best prices? Check out the daily deals from BestReviews.
Sign up here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful tips on new products and great deals.
Lauren Corona written for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their buying decisions, saving them time and money.
BestReviews spends thousands of hours researching, analyzing, and testing products to recommend the best choices for most consumers.
Copyright 2023 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.